Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Exchange

Was driving home last night after work and came across this strange sight. A young man was riding a Honda 70 motorcycle and it was obviously too small for him. Only one young man in particular came to mind and as I passed him, I found my hunch was correct. It was my 17 year-old autistic son, Nick. I waved, pulled over, and waited for him to turn around. As he neared my car, I asked him where he was going? He gave me a quizzical look and seriously said, "I don't know." I then asked, "Where have you been?" Again, he responded with, "I don't know." Then he informed me that his RC car parts had not arrived and I assured him I'd check the shipping status tomorrow. He then told me to leave and allowed me to go first. He followed me until I got up to speed. I thoroughly enjoyed the exchange between us. Quite an accomplishment for him!
Just thought I'd share the highlight of my week with you.
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment